
It has begun. Actually it officially began about a month or so ago. For Christmas Lorelai got a potty seat and step stool from Grandpa Rick and Carolyn. At that point we just began making her aware of it and letting her know what was going on. She actually pooped on the potty a couple times, but other than that, whatever. When she had her 18 month appointment the pediatrician said we could wait till she was 2 and talk about training. At that point I let it go.
About 2 months ago she started showing a huge interest in the potty, so we started letting her sit when she wanted, but nothing too much came of it. Then last month she started peeing on the potty a couple times a day. While we were in Pennsylvania Grandma and Aunt Pubby worked with her and Grandma even bought her Pull-Ups. When we got home she was more insistent on going on the potty than I was, and now we have been home for a week and a half and she goes on the potty regularly with only an accident or two a day - she didn't have any a few days, also!! She has stayed dry through a few naps and even woke up in the middle of the night the other night to go. She even wears underwear during the day (aside from nap time.) We are amazed and so excited!!
She gets 1 M&M if she "pee-pees" and 2 if she "poopies." We haven't been giving out 2 very often. Maybe once or twice. I'm not concerned. Heck, we are only using like 3 diapers a day, if that: I am not complaining!! :) She has learned to beat the M&M system a little, though. Sometimes she will go and then 5 minutes later tell us she has to go again. We take her and sure enough she goes....then tells us "m-in-m-in-m".... Yeah she's one smart cookie!
Anyway...I wanted to update on her potty training now and not throw it into the post after my appointment on Tuesday. She's such a big girl and we are so proud of her and wanted to share. :)
1 comment:
Hooray Lorelai!! :) Way to go on finding a loophole in the M & M system! Cute AND Smart?? You are one amazing kiddo!
Carrie, I about died laughing when I saw the Dora seat at the top of the post. Again, why do I read your blog when I am at work? A W K W A R D !!
~l
Post a Comment