Monday, August 25, 2008

One Busy Girl!


Ok, so I am one busy 2 year old!!! But I thought I could take some time to tell you about my amazing birthday and other stuff going on here lately.

So my birthday party was really cool. I got some great gifts from some amazing people that I really love. I got some new books, some flash cards, crayons, games, a balloon!!!, and not one, but TWO dollhouses, a Little People Tea set, Barbies, a Barbie car, clothes, Dora panties, money and some other really fun stuff!!! Grandpa Rick and Carolyn got me a Fisher Price Dollhouse. It's lots of fun and I love making the Mommy and Daddy ring the door bell and go up the stairs. Then Grandma and Pap got me a big Barbie Dollhouse with all the fixin's. I love playing with the Barbies and have named some of them. There is Mommy, Daddy, Aunt Pubby, Aunt Tammy, etc. I am very content to sit and play and I think Mommy enjoys a little down time. I had a great birthday and I love being two. It's a lot better than one!!!

Another exciting thing in our house is that Mommy and Daddy (yes BOTH of them) decided to use cloth diapers when Baby Sissy gets here. A lot of people think that is weird, but Mommy has been doing a lot of research (and wants to thank her friend Rosalie for all her advice and information!!!)and has found it to be a lot more normal and really a lot cooler than she ever thought possible. And if you know my Mommy, you don't put her and cloth diapers together. But I get to be the guinea pig and try them out before Baby Sister gets her. I love them. Granted I only wear them at naptime and bedtime cause I am such a big girl, but still, they are fluffy on my bummy. Here's a picture of my modeling my bumgenius! 3.0. Mommy says it's a pocket diaper and is one size fits all, so Baby Sister can wear it when she gets here, too! I am also flexing my back in this picture. Daddy taught me that.


While bumgenius! are my bedtime diaper, I wear gDiapers at naptime. Mommy thinks they are pretty awesome and cost effective since she uses a prefold in them and not the flushable liner. Here's a picture of my fluffy bum in my gDiaper.

I think Mommy had it a little overstuffed the first time, thus my wide stance, but she is learning. I guess better on me than on my innocent little sister! Oh, sorry about all the cloth diaper lingo.

Mommy is 25 weeks pregnant now and Baby sister is moving LOTS. I get to feel her every now and then and I love it. The other day she kicked and I said, "I love you" and kissed and hugged Mommy's belly. I think Mommy cried. She's weird, you know? Here's a pic of me, Mommy and Baby Sister:

And finally, cause I am getting tired...phew... I continue to love to sing. I make Mommy sing lots of songs so I can sing along and do the motions. I can sort of sing my ABC's, but we are still working on it. Here's a video of us singing the B-I-B-L-E at church yesterday.



Hope everyone is doing well. By the way, Mommy's back is feeling much better and she totally appreciates all the prayers and thoughts you have given her. I'll try to update sooner next time.

Lots of Love,
lcg

3 comments:

Lindsay @ 402CenterStreet.blogspot.com said...

Can I tell you how envious I am of your cloth diapers????? I wanted to cd Lily but at the time we were in the apt. and didn't have our own washer/dryer. If we ever have a second little one I will be coming to you for info!!!

~l

The Boyle's said...

I LOVE that gDiaper cover!!! Back when I was looking into them, they were only all solid colors. I may have to buy it!!

Thanks for the shout out :-) I love cloth diapering...woot!!

~Rosalie

The Smiths said...

Oh, how I want to do a better job at stalking your family but for some strange reason, you're the only Blogger site that won't work with Google Reader, thus making my stalking efforts quite difficult.