Tuesday, November 07, 2006

A Real Update on our Family

Well, my updates have been so vague lately, I thought I would give you an update on how we are all doing. This will also help me as I prepare to write our Christmas letter...;)

Lorelai is doing amazing! She rolls over almost every time she is on her tummy now, unless we want to show someone and then she freezes. But it's just amazing to see how she uses her body now, rather than just flailing it around! She coos and smiles for us all the time and we still get so excited each and every time. The drool has been a never-ending thing lately. We have actually been wearing bibs on her some to catch it and keep her clothes dry. But it's okay, it's cute when she spits everywhere! She is fitting perfect in her 0-3 month clothes, so we have been trying the 3-6 month clothes on her here and there. Her outfit today is 3-6....wow! I remember bringing her home thinking she would never fit intothem, and now look at her! Yes, we know she is chubby... Better than anorexia baby, right?

Matt is doing well. Still waiting to hear from the Ohio Highway State Patrol. They are processing the tests right now as we await the 2007 Class. He patiently waits and continues to lose weight, work out and be an amazing daddy and husband.


As for me, I am LOVING being a stay-at-home-mom. I miss Youth Ministry, but I know that staying at home is what I need to be doing right now and someday I will return - rejuvenated. Since Lorelai was born I have lost 40 pounds. This is the easiest diet ever! Ok, the whole having a baby and having your gall bladder removed weren't so easy, but it's okay! I hope to be able to continue to lose the weight over the next months. I wanna be where I was in High School. And that means I only have 20 pounds to go! So I will continue to try to eat lower fat (it's better for my gall bladder, well lack thereof, anyway) and see what jean size that takes me to!
We are looking forward to the Holiday season. Cassandra will be spending Thanksgiving Eve and Thanksgiving Day with us, then we will be joined by my mom, dad and brother. I love having my family here at Thanksgiving! I even more love that I will get to put my tree and decorations up! I was ready about 3 weeks ago, but felt it was a little too early. I think that it will be fun to see Lorelai's amazement with the lights and colors. I have my Christmas shopping half done and wrapped. Go me!

Ok, well that is a longer update than I have given in a while, so I hope you feel like you are up-to-date with our lives. Leave us some hugs and kisses and let us know how you are.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Gardners!!
Things sould like they are going wonderful!! Im doing pretty good!! I should stop over sometime soon to see you and that little girl again and hopefully she will be happier this time!!
Love ya
Kylie

Anonymous said...

Hey you three...
I am still waiting to see this baby girl of yours... from the pictures I have seen ... she is
B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L !!! Can't wait to see her.
Take Care
<3 Sarah
( your 2nd sis ...lol)

Anonymous said...

Wow! The picture of you holding Abby & Lorelai showed a big weight loss, but without Chubby Baby in front of you, the results are astounding! You really have an hour glass figure in this picture. Congrats on Christmas shopping!

Sharon & Jacob said...

Maybe you should stop feeding her Starbucks and chocolate chip cookies, she's growing so fast! :) You lost 40 lbs. in less than 3 months????!!!! How in the world did you do that? It took me the full 9 months to lose the baby weight. You're thinner than you were before the baby huh? Feels good to be skinny again after being pregnant, doesn't it? Looking good hot mama!

Shannon said...

Good update! You're all beautiful and I love you. Great job on the weight loss. I'm jealous!

miss you!