Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Surgery Update



It's been a long day here in the Gardner house. Lorelai awoke at about 1:30 last night wanting a drink of water. Since she wasn't allowed any food or drink after midnight we had to tell her no. Needless to say it didn't go over well. Poor girl. She cried for about an hour and a half before finally falling asleep to what Matt calls "An Episode of Dora." I sang and sang to her. Starting with the theme, going to the Map, Backpack and finally We Did It!.

Once asleep at 3, she only awoke for a few minutes at 4 before falling back asleep. I got up at 5 to get ready. We got her up changed her diaper and headed to the hospital. She kept looking at us like we were idiots for being up so early.


She did amazing! She didn't ask for milk at all. She had fun with all the new things to look at and was very excited about the bear the hospital gave her (but I am determined we paid for.) They gave her a sedative, which made her all-out loopy. Matt and I laughed so hard at her because she was just giddy.


Then it was time for her to go. I cried, she was fine. We only waited about 20 mintues, but it was a LONG 20 minutes. We spoke with the Dr, and then waited for her to return. We heard her crying and ran out into the hall. The nurse was carrying her and we said her name. She turned to see us and reached for us. I went and rocked her and gave her milk...which she SUCKED down. They checked her stats a couple times and then discharged us.

She is sleeping now and has been for a couple hours. Still lots of anesthesia in her. Oh what a morning, but so worth it as we will be infection free for Christmas!!!

5 comments:

cherok29 said...

Glad that she's doing well. She's such a trooper!

...and yeah, you're probably right. That teddy bear probably cost you $100 :p

Anonymous said...

I am glad she is doing so well! Bec <><

The Smiths said...

Glad to hear everything went well and everyone is doing well.

~r

Shannon said...

Yay! I'm glad everything is ok. Love you all.

The Smiths said...

Lorelai,
You are such a big girl, so brave! I'm glad everything went well for you! (Cute jammies by the way)
~l