
I wouldn't consider us a green family by any means, but we have recently started using cloth, reusable bags at the store. I picked one up last summer in California and have used it when we go to Fort Wayne and such, but recently have been using it for trips to WalMart. Let me tell you how nice it is to not have 15 bags that just take up space at the end of a shopping trip!!
So I guess my encouragement to all our "loyal" readers is this: try to pick up a cloth bag or two and use them for your quick trips to the store (or more for bigger trips.) Not only are they convenient but they are also helping the Earth!
(The above picture was taken today when I got home from picking up a few things at WalMart. I love my Target bag!!!)
4 comments:
Welcome to the world of green. Seriously, I love the canvas bags. They are easier to carry than plastic and hold more.
I know I'm a little late, but wanted to send a big CONGRATULATIONS on your baby news. How exciting!!! I also missed you at convention this year. Hopefully we'll run into each other next year! Take care!!!
And, in Phoenix, we get $.05 off our grocery bill PER BAG we bring to the stores. Little perk! :)
we've been using these for a while. yesterday we forgot to take them when we got groceries. i was so annoyed. the plastic bags are SO annoying! and noisy. and floppy. and messy. and why is it that there are always 5 bags that the cashier only put ONE thing in! i knew i hated those things, but it was a good reminder! we won't forget the cloth ones again.
Post a Comment