Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend


Last Friday Mommy, Daddy and I got in the car and headed to Pennsylvania. I think I did pretty well in the car. I listened to my iPod, read some books, played with my MagnaDoodle, ate some snacks, and then finally about an hour and a half before we got to Kittanning I fell asleep. When I woke up we were only a few minutes from "tu-tu" and "bat's" house (Gram and Pap Toy).

Oh the fun I had! First of all I got to sleep in Aunt Pubby's room. When Mommy asks me what I did with Aunt Pubby this weekend I keep telling her "nap." On Saturday we went and saw Great-Grandma and Pappy Dunn. Grandma has a piano and she let me play it. It was so fun. She said that I am very precise in what I try to play and don't just pound. They think maybe I will play piano someday. Who knows?

After I went and took my nap we went to bat and tu-tu's for a picnic. Everyone, even Pubby's boyfriend Jacob and his brother Ian, were there!!! Let me just tell you it was fun! I was the center of attention (of course) and got to swing and ride in the wagon.



We had lots of good food and Aunt Ti-Ti (Tammy) and Des brought their dog Slash. He wasn't hyper like some other dogs and didn't bark. I wasn't scared of him at all. He was so cute and I even got to hold him and give him a hug.


After the picnic we went back to MawMaw and Pap's house and Pap took me outside to see the dogs. We also went down the slide and then I told Pap I wanted to play in the car. So we sat in MawMaw's car and played for a really long time. I told him I wanted to play for "two" minutes, but he loves me and let me play for a LOT longer than that.

On Sunday we went to church and then to a graduation party. I got to see the cows with Pap. I liked it when they mooed. Sunday night I got to play in the car again and then Mommy and Pubby went to Jordan's and got ice cream. I had my own little ice cream cone. It was so good! I wish we had a place like that where I live!


Monday morning when we woke up I knew something was up. After we had breakfast with Tu-Tu and Bat we went back to MawMaw and Pap's and played for a while and then Mommy and Daddy started putting stuff in the car. Not good. MawMaw and I played hide and seek. I am pretty good at that game. I kept finding MawMaw right away. After a while we went outside and Mommy and Daddy made me give hugs and kisses and get in my car seat. I was okay until Daddy started to pull out of the driveway..."NO NO NO!" I yelled. I didn't want to go. Even though we stoped at Tu-Tu and Bat's and I got to swing I knew this wasn't good. I wouldn't even give them real hugs and kisses when we left. Mommy gave me my water and I fell asleep within about 3 minutes.

I slept most of the trip home. I did well, but when I saw our house I just wasn't ready to be home and started yelling "NO, BACK! BACK! BACK!" I wanted to go back to Pennsylvania. When Mommy and Daddy took of their seat belts I yelled, "BUCKLE! BUCKLE!" I didn't want out. I finished my objections with "PUBBY!"

Oh well. It was a fun trip. I was spoiled...as usual.

Here's a pretty picture of me. I am 21 months now. My birthday is just around the corner! I love my birthday! People come see me and give me lots of gifts because I am special and it's my special day!


Lots of Love,
LCG

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lorelai,
I miss changing your diapers and having sleepovers!I can't wait for you to come and stay with me for a week in July! I love you!!

Aunt Pubby

Erin said...

Your birthday is the MOST special day out of the year. Never forget that. Don't worry--Aunt E won't let you. I am the QUEEN of celebrating birthdays...and I will celebrate the birth of you, Miss Lorelai until the day I die:)